Sol Group Ocean Clean up! | International Coastal Cleanup
CLEANUP WAS RE-SCHEDULED DUE TO EXTREMELY HIGH TIDE ON NOVEMBER 4TH.
LET'S MEET ON NOVEMBER 11TH AT 930AM SAME PLACE
Ocean trash is a serious pollution problem that affects the health of people, wildlife and local economies. Join the world’s largest volunteer effort for our ocean and waterways by participating in International Coastal Cleanup.
We will provide garbage bags, data collection cards, sunscreen, community service hours certificate, and a giveaway tote bag!
Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event.
- Wear appropriate foot-wear and comfortable clothes. as this is a rocky shoreline volunteers must wear closed-toed shoes like sneakers, no flipflops! please
- Sunglasses and hat are highly recommended
- Bring gloves if you have them (we suggest reusable working, gardening or dish gloves that you can pick up at the grocery store/home depot) We will have some onsite but cannot guarantee they will be in your size!
- Bring snacks and water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles, when possible.
- **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver below in advance. Download Waiver
- Volunteers must check-in and sign waivers before any materials (bags, cards, or gift bags can be distributed)
Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. With Clean Swell, the data you collect will upload to Ocean Conservancy’s global ocean trash database in real time. It’s easier and more fun than using the paper data cards! You can download the app here:
Let's meet in the corner 8th and Brickell Ave. Ill be there by 9:30 with a sign on the OCean Clean Up
- Parking information?
- Most of parking around brickell area is paid parking, if you can I will suggest walking to the meeting point or taking the metro mover. Otherwise, there is street parking on 1St Ave
**New for this year, the Miami version of the official 2017 International Coastal Cleanup t-shirt, with this year’s whales shark design is for sale. Shirts are $9 + s/h and can be pre-ordered up until 1 week before your cleanup if you want to have your shirt to wear on the day-ofth Order online here:
On The Water Side The Indentation Next To The Four
Miami, FL 33131-2950
Google map and directions