Cleanup With Revolution 93.5 and Commissioner John Elizabeth Alemán | International Coastal Cleanup
Scientists estimate that more than 17 billion pounds of plastic enter our ocean every year threatening marine life from corals polyps to sharks, the health of people, and local economies. Join us for the 33rd annual International Coastal Cleanup (ICC) the world's largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with volunteers from across the globe!
Revolution 93.5 and City of Miami Beach Commissioner John Elizabeth Alemán are proud to announce that we will join VolunteerCleanup.org in an effort to protect our marine life and environment.
On Saturday, September 15 at Allison Park, we will provide garbage bags, sunscreen, insect repellent, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, the Puffer Fish!
Community Service hours also provided.
Where possible, please have guests outside of your immediate family RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all the information and details about the event and can accurately plan for turnout.
VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade’s local participation in this global event with 45+ simultaneous shoreline cleanups around the county and is made possible by the generous support of our presenting sponsor, Covanta, with additional support from the City of Miami Beach MB Rising Above, Capital One Cafe, Revolution 93.5FM, and MB Miami Beach Suncare.
- Dress for the weather and wear appropriate footwear that you are comfortable walking on sand in
- Sunglasses and hats are highly recommended
- Bring gloves if you have them (we suggest reusable working, gardening or dish gloves that you can pick up at the grocery store/home depot) We will have some onsite but cannot guarantee they will be in your size!
- Bring water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles, where possible.
- **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver below in advance. Download Waiver
- Volunteers must check-in and sign waivers before any materials (bags, cards, or gift bags can be distributed)
Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It’s easier and more fun than using the paper data cards!
About International Coastal Cleanup:
Over the past 33 years, Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup has brought together nearly 13 million people from over 150 countries to collect nearly 250 million pounds of trash along our coastlines and waterways.
By volunteering at ICC, you will be actively participating in a global citizen science project, not only by removing marine debris, but by also cataloguing and tallying what you find using the Ocean Conservancy’s data collection cards or Clean Swell app.
Miami Beach, FL 33141
Google map and directions