Black Point Marina | Int'l Coastal Cleanup Day 2019 | Team Coast Guard
Help Team Coast Guard Keep our Beaches Clean at our Black Point Marina Cleanup Site!!!
Family, friends, co-workers, and associates are invited and encouraged to join eco-conscious Coasties in our on-going efforts to Protect & Preserve our beaches. Ocean trash is a serious pollution problem that affects the health of people, wildlife, and local economies. The 34th annual International Coastal Cleanup Day is harnessing the Power of People to Fight Ocean Trash! Join us for the world's largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with volunteers from across the globe!
VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade’s local participation in this global event with 40+ simultaneous shoreline cleanups around the county and is made possible by the generous support of our sponsor Covanta, with additional support from Capital One Café, Wells Fargo, and Miami Beach Suncare.
Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all the information and details about the event and so that we can accurately plan for turnout.
What You'll Need ...
- Dress for the weather. Please wear comfortable light-weight clothing, as temperatures can soar before Noon and your health and proper hydration are a priority!! Wear closed-toed shoes (i.e. sneakers, no flip-flops or sandals).
- Please bring your hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, beach or hand towel, reusable water bottle, and gloves (working, gardening, or dish).
- Bring gloves if you have them. We will have some gloves on-site, but cannot guarantee they’ll be in your size.
- Bring water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles, where possible.
- Each volunteer must check-in and provide a signed waiver before any materials can be distributed. Online waiver form: https://forms.gle/HoZUAXwWZiAsJEA4A
- If you are under 18 and you'll be attending without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian fill out the waiver form in advance
Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It’s easier and more fun than using the paper data cards! You can download the app here for iPhone and Andriod.
What Will Be Provided ...
International Coastal Cleanup Coordinators & Site Captain will provide trash bags, data collection cards, sunscreen, insect repellent, water refills, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, the Pelican! Community Service Hours also provided!
On Cleanup Day ...
Please arrive no later than 8:45am. Volunteers will meet your Site Captain (Marg) There will be a registration table setup in the shade, where you will collect your cleanup supplies and gather into groups. Volunteers will be briefed at 8:55am. Cleanup will wrap-up at 12:00pm.
Help keep this historic initiative on track ... Invite your friends and Sign-up today!!!
About International Coastal Cleanup …
Scientists estimate that more than 17 billion pounds of plastic enter our ocean every year threatening marine life from corals polyps to sharks, the health of people, and local economies
Over the past 34 years, Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup has brought together nearly 13 million people from over 150 countries to collect nearly 250 million pounds of trash along our coastlines and waterways.
Every year during Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup, volunteers comb lakes, rivers, and beaches around the world for trash picking up everything imaginable along the world’s shorelines: cigarette butts, food wrappers, abandoned fishing gear, and even automobiles and kitchen appliances.
By volunteering at ICC, you will be actively participating in a global citizen science project, not only by removing marine debris but by also cataloguing and tallying what you find using the Ocean Conservancy’s data collection cards or Clean Swell app. The resulting item-by-item, location-by-location Ocean Trash Index that Ocean Conservancy compiles each year provides the only global snapshot of the marine debris littering coasts and waterways around the world.
Until then, thank you for your interest in volunteering with Team Coast Guard, and we hope to see you on International Coastal Cleanup Day!!!
Homestead, FL 33032-5105
Google map and directions