Black Point Marina | Team USCG | International Coastal Cleanup 2022
Help Team Coast Guard Keep our Parks, Marinas, and Beaches Clean at our Black Point Marina Cleanup Site!!!
Family, friends, co-workers, and associates are invited and encouraged to join eco-conscious Coasties in our on-going efforts to protect and preserve our oceans and waterways during the 37th annual International Coastal Cleanup Day.
Spearheaded globally by the Ocean Conservancy, VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade's local participation in this global event with 45+ simultaneous shoreline cleanups around the county and is made possible by the generous support of our presenting sponsor Covanta and Rickenbacker Marina, with additional support from Blackstone Charitable Foundation, Verizon, Miami-Dade County RER-DERM, Pubbelly Sushi, and Greenberg Traurig.
Join us for the world's largest, one-day volunteer effort, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with volunteers from across the globe!
This year's shirts are available for purchase here!
What You'll Need ...
- Dress for the weather. Please wear comfortable light-weight clothing, as temperatures can soar before Noon and your health and proper hydration are a priority!!
- Wear closed-toed shoes (i.e. sneakers, no flip-flops or sandals).
- Please bring your hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, beach or hand towel, and gloves (working, gardening, or dish) if you have them.
- Bring water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles.
- Each volunteer must check-in and provide a signed waiver before any materials can be distributed. A paper waiver for Miami-Dade County Parks will be provided on the day of the event. ** However, if you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian print and sign the waiver HERE in advance, and bring it with you to the cleanup.
- Download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. You can download the app here for iPhone and Andriod.
What Will Be Provided ...
International Coastal Cleanup Coordinators & Site Captain will provide garbage bags, gloves, data collections cards, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, the Hermit Crab! Certificates for Community Service Hours will also be provided!
On Cleanup Day …
Please arrive no later than 8:45am. Volunteers will meet your Site Captain (Ingrid) at the big pavilion near the restrooms. When entering off 87th avenue, go straight ahead to parking. The pavilion will be straight ahead. Upon arrival, you will collect your cleanup supplies and gather into groups. Volunteers will be briefed on safety and data collection instructions at 8:55am. Cleanup will wrap-up at 12:00pm.
Help keep this historic initiative on track ... Invite your friends and Sign-up today!!!
About International Coastal Cleanup …
For more information about the history and impact of the Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup, visit: https://oceanconservancy.org/trash-free-seas/international-coastal-cleanup/.
Until then, thank you for your interest in volunteering with Team Coast Guard, and we hope to see you on International Coastal Cleanup Day!!!
Homestead, FL 33032-5105
Google map and directions