SoBe 5th-10th Street | International Coastal Cleanup Day | Team Coast Guard
Help Team Coast Guard Keep our Beaches Clean at our South Beach 5th - 10th Street Cleanup Site!!!
Family, friends, co-workers and associates are invited and encouraged to join eco-conscious Coasties in our on-going efforts to Protect & Preserve our beaches. Ocean trash is a serious pollution problem that affects the health of people, wildlife and local economies. Join the world's largest volunteer effort for our ocean and waterways by participating in International Coastal Cleanup Day.
What You'll Need ...
- Please bring your hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, beach or hand towel, gloves (if desired) and a reusable water bottle.
- Please wear comfortable light-weight clothing, as temperatures can soar before Noon and your health and proper hydration are a priority!!!
- Everyone that participates must register online (even if you are coming in groups). We must have each individual's name (or your parent/guardian) on the RSVP list in order to properly distribute the giveaway goodie bags.
- Each volunteer must check-in and provide a signed waiver (see link below) before any materials can be distributed.
- If you are under 18 and you'll be attending without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver for you in advance.
What Will Be Provided ...
International Coastal Cleanup Coordinators & Site Captain will provide trash bags, disposable gloves, data cards and pens/pencils.
On Cleanup Day ...
Please arrive no later than 8:45am. Volunteers will meet your Site Captain (Nichole) on 6th Street and Ocean Drive just north of the public restrooms. There will be a registration table setup in the shade, where you will collect your cleanup supplies and gather into groups. Volunteers will be briefed at 8:55am. Cleanup will wrap-up at 12:00pm. You are encouraged to carpool as parking on SoBe can be quite the task.
About the International Coastal Cleanup ...
In 2015, more than 18 million pounds of trash was collected by nearly 800,000 volunteers during the International Coastal Cleanup. Here in Miami Dade, we collected 17,500 pounds of marine debris from 31 miles of coastline.
By volunteering at ICC, you will be actively participating in a global citizen science project, not only by removing marine debris, but by cataloguing and tallying what you find using the Ocean Conservancy's data collection cards or Clean Swell App. The resulting item-by-item, location-by-location Ocean Trash Index that Ocean Conservancy compiles each year provides the only global snapshot of the marine debris littering coasts and waterways around the world.
Help keep this historic initiative on track ... Invite your friends and Sign-up today!!!
Until then, thank you for your interest in volunteering with Team Coast Guard; and we hope to see you on International Coastal Cleanup Day!!!
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Google map and directions