Miami Beach Lummus Park 10th Street with Team USCG | International Coastal Cleanup 2022
Help Team Coast Guard Keep our Beaches Clean at our Lummus Park 11th Street SoBe Cleanup Site!!!
Family, friends, co-workers, and associates are invited and encouraged to join eco-conscious Coasties in our on-going efforts to protect and preserve our oceans and waterways during the 37th annual International Coastal Cleanup Day.
Spearheaded globally by the Ocean Conservancy, VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade County’s local participation in this worldwide event with 50+ shoreline cleanups around the county. The 2022 Miami-Dade ICC is made possible by the generous support of our Presenting Sponsors Covanta and the Rickenbacker Marina, our Strategic Sponsors Blackstone Charitable Foundation, Verizon, and the Benjamin & Gloria Joannou, Jr. Family Conservation Fund, our Core Sponsors Miami-Dade County RER-DERM and Pubbelly Sushi, and our Supporting Sponsor Greenberg Traurig and the Consulate General of Canada.
Join us for the world's largest, one-day volunteer effort, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with volunteers from across the globe!
What You'll Need ...
- Dress for the weather. Please wear comfortable light-weight clothing, as temperatures can soar before Noon and your health and proper hydration are a priority!!
- Wear closed-toed shoes (i.e. sneakers, no flip-flops or sandals).
- Please bring your hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, bug spray, beach or hand towel, and gloves (working, gardening, or dish) if you have them.
- Bring water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles.
- Each volunteer must check-in and provide a signed waiver before any materials can be distributed. Complete the online waiver here. **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian print and sign the waiver HERE and bring it with you.
- Download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. You can download the app here for iPhone and Andriod.
What Will Be Provided ...
International Coastal Cleanup Coordinators & Site Captain will provide garbage bags, gloves, data collections cards, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, the Hermit Crab! Certificates for Community Service Hours will also be provided!
This year's shirts are available for purchase here!
On Cleanup Day ...
Please arrive no later than 8:45am. Volunteers will meet your Site Captain (Nichole) at the entrance of Lummus Park on 11th Street and Ocean Drive. Upon arrival, you will collect your cleanup supplies and gather into groups. Volunteers will be briefed on safety and data collection instructions at 8:55am. Cleanup will wrap-up at 12:00pm. You are encouraged to carpool as parking on SoBe can be quite the task.
Help keep this historic initiative on track ... Invite your friends and Sign-up today!!!
About International Coastal Cleanup …
For more information about the history and impact of the Ocean Conservancy’s International Coastal Cleanup, visit: https://oceanconservancy.org/trash-free-seas/international-coastal-cleanup/.
Until then, thank you for your interest in volunteering with Team Coast Guard, and we hope to see you on International Coastal Cleanup Day!!!
Miami Beach, FL 33139-5080
Google map and directions