Rickenbacker Marina Cleanup with Rescue a Reef | International Coastal Cleanup 2022
It’s time for the 37th annual International Coastal Cleanup! Join our Rescue a Reef coral restoration team for the world's largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with millions of volunteers from across the globe!
Spearheaded globally by the Ocean Conservancy, VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade County’s local participation in this annual event with 45+ simultaneous shoreline cleanups around the county and is made possible by the generous support of our presenting sponsors Covanta and Rickenbacker Marina, with additional support from Blackstone Charitable Foundation, Verizon, Miami-Dade County RER-DERM, Pubbelly Sushi, and Greenberg Traurig.
We will provide garbage bags, gloves, data collection cards, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, the Hermit Crab. *Community Service hours also provided*
This year's shirts are available for purchase here!
Complete the online waiver here. **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian print and sign the waiver HERE and bring it with you.
Registration is required to participate. Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event and can accurately plan for turnout.
Info for Volunteers:
- Parking at Rickenbacker Marina will be free, but carpooling is strongly suggested. Our team will have a check-in booth set up at 9am to the left of the Marina entrance. Please look for our table and Rescue a Reef logo!
- Dress for the weather and wear appropriate foot-wear. Due to the nature of our site closed-toed shoes or sneakers are a must!
- Sunglasses, hat, and reef-safe sunscreen are recommended
- If you have gloves, bring them. We will be providing gloves but cannot guarantee they will be in your size. We suggest reusable working, gardening, or dish gloves that you can pick up at the grocery/hardware store.
- Bring water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles.
- This event is suitable for all ages
- Complete the online waiver here in advance to expedite check-in. **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian print and sign the waiver HERE in advance.
- Some volunteers like to use a bucket during a cleanup. Ask your local Chinese, Burger or Bakery/Donut shop if they get food service items in 5-gallon buckets that they would like to donate for use during your cleanup
Prior to the event, please consider downloading the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally, and measure the impact of your cleanup. It is easier and more fun than using the paper data cards!
*Read more about the history and impact of the International Coastal Cleanup here: https://oceanconservancy.org/trash-free-seas/international-coastal-cleanup/
We hope to see you there!
Miami, FL 33149
Google map and directions