POSTPONED | Sailboards Miami Water Sports ~ Rickenbacker Causeway | International Coastal Cleanup
Please note that all International Coastal Cleanup events originally scheduled for Saturday the 16th have been POSTPONED due to Hurricane Irma.
The Site Leader will soon set the new date for this cleanup. To stay updated of upcoming cleanups in your area signup for notifications http://www.volunteercleanup.org/volunteer
Or check the master registration page at http://www.volunteercleanup.org/iccmiami2017 which will be updated as the new dates are confirmed.
Ocean trash is a serious pollution problem that affects the health of people, wildlife, and local economies. Join the world’s largest volunteer effort for our ocean and waterways by participating in International Coastal Cleanup. We will provide garbage bags, data collection cards, sunscreen, insect repellent, and a giveaway goodie bag! Community Service hours provided!
Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event and properly plan for capacity.
- Wear appropriate footwear and comfortable clothes. If you own water shoes, please wear them so you can stay cool as you removed trash from the shore line. Otherwise, any closed toe shoe (no flip flops or sandals please.).
- Sunglasses and hat are highly recommended
- Bring gloves (we suggest reusable working, gardening or dish gloves that you can pick up at the grocery store/home depot)
- Bring snacks and water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles, when possible.
**If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver below in advance. Download Waiver here Volunteers must check-in and sign waivers before any materials (bags, cards, or gift bags can be distributed)
Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy's CleanSwell app to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. With Clean Swell, the data you collect will upload to Ocean Conservancy’s global ocean trash database in real time. It’s easier and more fun than using the paper data cards! You can download the app here:
- · Meet in parking lot at www.sailboardsmiami.com/location
- · Free Parking. Carpooling is encouraged.
- · Please arrive punctually at or before 9:00 (it's cooler!)
- · Bathroom available.
- · Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- · Community Service Hours Included
- · Coupon toward water sports rentals for all participants
- · Enter raffle for free kayak and paddle board rental.
Mile Marker 6.5 Rickenbacker Causeway
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
Google map and directions