POSTPONED | North Shore Open Space Park | International Coastal Cleanup
Please note that all International Coastal Cleanup events originally scheduled for Saturday the 16th have been POSTPONED due to Hurricane Irma.
The Site Leader will soon set the new date for this cleanup. To stay updated of upcoming cleanups in your area signup for notifications http://www.volunteercleanup.org/volunteer
Or check the master registration page at http://www.volunteercleanup.org/iccmiami2017 which will be updated as the new dates are confirmed.
Ocean trash is a serious pollution problem that affects the health of people, wildlife and local economies. Join the world’s largest volunteer effort for our ocean and waterways by participating in International Coastal Cleanup.
We will provide garbage bags, data collection cards, sunscreen, insect repellent, community service hours certificate, and a giveaway goodie bag!
Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event.
- Wear appropriate foot-wear and comfortable clothes
- Sunglasses and hat are highly recommended
- Bring gloves (we suggest reusable working, gardening or dish gloves that you can pick up at the grocery store / home depot)
- Bring snacks and water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles, when possible.
- **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver below in advance. Download Waiver
- Volunteers must check-in and sign waivers before any materials (bags, cards, or gift bags can be distributed)
Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. With Clean Swell, the data you collect will upload to Ocean Conservancy’s global ocean trash database in real time. It’s easier and more fun than using the paper data cards! You can download the app here:
In 2016 more than 18 million pounds of trash was collected by over 500,000 volunteers during the International Coastal Cleanup. Here in Miami Dade, we collected 15,000 pounds of marine debris from 31 miles of coastline.
By volunteering at ICC, you will be actively participating in a global citizen science project, not only by removing marine debris but by also cataloging and tallying what you find using the Ocean Conservancy’s data collection cards or Clean Swell App. The resulting item-by-item, location-by-location Ocean Trash Index that Ocean Conservancy compiles each year provides the only global snapshot of the marine debris littering coasts and waterways around the world.
We need your help to keep this momentum going.
Miami Beach, FL 33141
Google map and directions