Monument Island with International SeaKeepers Society | International Coastal Cleanup 2019
We will be taking a boat ferry to Monument Island for the cleanup, so we will be meeting and parking at: Miami Beach Marina, 300 Alton Road at 9:00am.
*CHECK IN IS FROM 9:00am - 9:15am. If you do not arrive before 9:30AM, you will not be able to participate*. Every member of your group MUST RSVP and sign the online waiver or you cannot participate: https://forms.gle/km2tN4DzMXQscfTY6
We will provide:
- Garbage bags
- Data collection cards
- A souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, the Pelican!
Community Service hours also provided.
- Dress for the weather and wear closed-toed shoes
- Sunglasses and hat are highly recommended
- Bring gloves if you have them (we suggest reusable working, gardening or dish gloves that you can pick up at the grocery store/home depot) We will have some onsite but cannot guarantee your size
- Bring water in a reusable container. Let’s reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic water bottles, where possible. Water will be available for refills
- Volunteers must check-in and sign waivers before any materials (bags, cards, or gift bags can be distributed) Online waiver: https://forms.gle/km2tN4DzMXQscfTY6
- **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver form in advance
Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It’s easier and more fun than using the paper data cards!
VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade’s local participation in this global event with 40+ simultaneous shoreline cleanups around the county and is made possible by the generous support of our sponsor Covanta, with additional support from Capital One Café, Wells Fargo, and Miami Beach Suncare.
Miami Beach, FL 33139-8982
Google map and directions