Kenneth Myers Bayside Park | Coconut Grove and International Coastal Cleanup
NEW DATE October 14th
MEETING SPOT - INSIDE SAILING CLUB
JOIN THE MOVEMENT!! We are looking for groups, students, families, or individual residents to join International Coastal Cleanup Day. Help make a difference and make our planet a cleaner and safer place for all species! Whether you are a non-profit group or a local family, you can play a role in helping us cleanup the environment! The trash in or along the shorelines of Biscayne Bay is becoming a serious pollution problem that affects the health of people, wildlife and local economies.
Community partners include Coconut Grove Sailing Club, Coconut Grove Chamber of Commerce, Biscayne Bay Foundation; and the Rotary Clubs of Coconut Grove and Brickell.
Garbage bags, data collection cards, community service hours certificate, and a giveaway goodie bag will be provided. We will also have medical grade latex gloves donated by Sharp Dentistry.
- The site is suitable for all ages. Volunteers 15 and under need to be accompanied by an adult.
- Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event.
- Volunteers must check in and sign waivers before any materials (bags, cards, or gift bags can be distributed)
- **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waivers in advance. Download Waiver
- 9:00 - on site registration opens: you will need to sign the Registration Sheet and present your pre-filled Waiver Forms.
- 9:15 - litter prevention presentation and group photo.
- 9:30 – cleanup begins
- Registration begins at 9:00am
- Parking is available on the street or Sonesta garage. Parking at the Sailing Club is for members only.
- Mosquito spray, sunscreen and hats are highly recommended.
- Wear appropriate closed toes shoes or water shoes and comfortable clothes.
- Sunscreen and hat are highly recommended.
- Work/dishwashing gloves (we suggest reusable work gloves coated with latex that you can pick up at the grocery store/Shell Lumber/ home depot. We have some work gloves that you can borrow. We also have medical grade gloves donated by Sharp Dentistry.
- Water in a reusable container. Let's reduce waste and refuse single-use disposable plastic where possible. Additional water will be available for refill.
- 3 Community Service Hours will be provided for students actively participating in the cleanup. Please be on time to collect your hours.
- 5 gallon plastic bucket are great to bring. We have a limited supply.
- After cleanup activities to be announced.
Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. With Clean Swell, the data you collect will upload to Ocean Conservancy’s global ocean trash database in real time. It’s easier and more fun than using the paper data cards! You can download the app here:
Refreshment will be provided after the cleanup.
**New for this year, the Miami version of the official 2017 International Coastal Cleanup t-shirt, with this year’s whales shark design is for sale. Shirts are $9 + s/h Order online here:
Between The Coconut Grove Sailing Club And Seminol
Coconut Grove, FL 33133-6003
Google map and directions