Thank you for volunteering to participate in cleanup event. Your participation is critical to the effort to keep our marine environment wild, safe and beautiful. The cleanup you are RSVPing for is listed on VolunteerCleanup.org, a website that connects people organizing shoreline cleanups with the volunteers looking for a cleanup to join. VolunteerCleanup.org is project of Miami-Dade Coastal Cleanup, Inc. ("Miami-Dade Coastal Cleanup"), a non-profit charitable organization that engages volunteers in shoreline cleanup events to raise awareness about marine debris, and encourage people to reduce their reliance in single use plastics. We are committed to the preservation and protection of marine habitat.
The events posted to our website are organized by 3rd party individuals, non-profits or businesses, and unless explicitly stated, are not directly organized or led by Miami-Dade Coastal Cleanup, Inc. We are not liable for incidents that occur at independently organized and hosted events that are posted to our website. Volunteers and users must read, understand and agree to the information below (and a Parent or Guardian in the case of a volunteer under 18 years old) that includes, among other things, volunteer guidelines, risks associated with the Event, and a release from liability for Miami-Dade Coastal Cleanup.
In order to ensure the best and safest Event possible, volunteers must be aware of and agree to the following:
- The Volunteer is responsible for their own behavior and assumes all risks associated with the cleanup event.
- The Volunteer may be working in sunny, hot, wet, or otherwise difficult conditions. As a result, we recommend the Volunteer bring water, stay hydrated and wear protective clothing appropriate to the conditions including, among other things, closed-toe shoes, hats for protection from the sun, insect repellant and sunscreen.
- The Volunteer may also want to bring items which will aid in the process of the cleanup, such as: buckets, gloves, and tongs, it would be helpful to bring them on the day of the cleanup. The Volunteer should check with the organizer to see what will be provided by the organizer.
- We recommend bringing gloves and that care be used if picking up sharp or harmful objects.
- Do not pick up any type of hypodermic needles or other hazardous or biohazard waste.
- Avoid areas where snakes, jellyfish, crabs, or other dangerous species may be located.
The Volunteer and Parent or Guardian of said Volunteer (if applicable), and on behalf of the Volunteer's personal representatives, heirs, next-of-kin, assigns, parents and guardians (collectively "Releasors"), do hereby release and discharge Miami-Dade Coastal Cleanup, its officers, directors, employees, volunteers, agents, representatives, sponsors, donors, affiliated organizations, all municipalities in, and including Miami-Dade County, Florida, and any entity or individual associated with Miami-Dade Coastal Cleanup (collectively "Releasees"), from any and all claims, demands losses, costs, fees (including attorneys' fees), liabilities, causes of action and judgments whatsoever, in law or in equity (collectively "damages"), which the Releasors may have arising out of, associated, or in connection with, participation in the Event, specifically including, but not limited to, damages caused by the Releasees' negligence. Further, the Volunteer and parents or guardian (if applicable) understand that there are risks and dangers involved with the Event including, but not limited to, equipment failure, perils of sea, changing water flow, tides, currents, wave action and ships' wakes, collisions with watercraft and other manmade or natural objects, capsizing, sinking, or other hazards which results in injury, exposure to the elements, hypothermia, drowning, inclement weather, storms, lightning, harm caused by marine life (including bites), heat or sun related injuries or illness, including sunburn, sunstroke or dehydration, acts of fellow participants, entering or exiting the water, and boarding and disembarking boats. Therefore, the volunteer and parents or guardian (if applicable) agree to assume any and all risks associated with their participation in the event including, without limitation, any and all risks of personal injuries, including serious injury or death, or damage or loss to property, caused by, or associated with the Volunteer's participation in the Event.