The Palms Hotel & Spa 30th Street | International Coastal Cleanup 2021
The 36th annual International Coastal Cleanup Day is harnessing the Power of People to Fight Ocean Trash once again! Join us for the world's largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with volunteers from across the globe!
Spearheaded globally by the Ocean Conservancy, VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade County’s local participation in this worldwide event with 45+ simultaneous shoreline cleanups around the county. The Miami-Dade ICC is made possible by the generous support of our tidal sponsor Covanta, with additional support from Banesco USA, Blackstone Charitable Foundation, Miami-Dade County RER-DERM, Pubbelly Sushi, WPLG Local 10, and with special thanks to the Benjamin & Gloria Joannou, Jr. Family Conservation Fund.
We will provide garbage bags, gloves, data collection cards, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, the Octopus! *Community Service hours will be provided*. This year's shirts are available for purchase here!
Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all the information and details about the event and so that we can accurately plan for turnout.
Meeting point: Behind the hotel on the beach
- COVID RULES - Please wear face masks for check-in and when you cannot be 6 feet away from non-family members
- Please bring your own reusable drink container or water bottle. We will provide water but no disposable cups available (we are avoiding creating more trash where possible).
- All children 15 and under are welcome to participate with an accompanying adult (parent or guardian). There needs to be one adult for every 5 children.
- Complete the online waiver here in advance to expedite check-in. If you will be bringing a child under 15 make sure that you are legally allowed to sign a release form for them or have their parent/guardian print and sign the waiver HERE in advance.
- Download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It is easier and more fun than using the paper data cards.
- Closed-toe shoes and protective clothing that are light or bright colors are recommended.
- Sunglasses, gloves, hat, insect repellent, and sunblock are also recommended
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Valet parking is available at $29.
- On-street parking is available, as well as, public parking lots on 27th and 35th Street and Collins Avenue.
- Walking, biking, public transport and car-pooling are encouraged.
For any further questions, please email: [email protected]
Miami Beach, FL 33140
Google map and directions