The Palms Hotel | International Coastal Cleanup 2022
Join us once more for the world's largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with millions of volunteers from across the globe!
Spearheaded globally by the Ocean Conservancy, VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade County’s local participation in this annual event with 45+ simultaneous shoreline cleanups around the county and is made possible by the generous support of our presenting sponsors Covanta and Rickenbacker Marina, with additional support from Blackstone Charitable Foundation, Verizon, Miami-Dade County RER-DERM, Pubbelly Sushi, and Greenberg Traurig.
We will provide garbage bags, gloves, data collection cards, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, the Hermit Crab.
*Community Service hours also provided* This year's shirts are available for purchase here!
Registration is required to participate. Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all information and details about the event and can accurately plan for turnout. Complete the online waiver here
Meeting point: Behind the hotel on the beach
- Please bring your own reusable drink container or water bottle. We will provide water but no disposable cups are available (we are avoiding creating more trash where possible).
- All children 15 and under are welcome to participate with an accompanying adult (parent or guardian). There needs to be one adult for every 5 children.
- Complete the online waiver here in advance to expedite check-in. If you will be bringing a child under 15 make sure that you are legally allowed to sign a release form for them or have their parent/guardian print and sign the waiver HERE in advance.
- Download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It is easier and more fun than using the paper data cards.
- Appropriate shoes for sand and rocks as well as protective clothing that is light or bright colors are recommended.
- Sunglasses, gloves, hat, insect repellent, and sunblock are also recommended
- If you have your own reusable working or gardening type gloves, bring them. We will be providing gloves but cannot guarantee they will be in your size.
- Some volunteers like to use a bucket during a cleanup. Ask your local restaurant or take-away shop if they get food service items in 3- or 5-gallon buckets that they would like to donate for use during your cleanup!
- We have some buckets and pickers, but cannot guarantee one for every participant.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Valet parking is available at $29.
- On-street parking is available, as well as, public parking lots on 27th and 35th Street and Collins Avenue.
- Walking, biking, public transport and car-pooling are encouraged.
For any further questions, please email: [email protected]
Miami Beach, FL 33140
Google map and directions