Join The Palms hotel & spa for this year's International Coastal Cleanup Day
The 34th annual International Coastal Cleanup Day is harnessing the Power of People to Fight Ocean Trash! Join us for the world's largest, one-day volunteer effort for our oceans and waterways, and show your commitment to reducing marine debris, along with volunteers from across the globe!
VolunteerCleanup.org organizes Miami-Dade’s local participation in this global event with 40+ simultaneous shoreline cleanups around the county and is made possible by the generous support of our sponsor Covanta, with additional support from Capital One Café, Wells Fargo, and Miami Beach Suncare.
We will provide garbage bags, data collection cards, sunscreen, insect repellent, and a souvenir tote bag with this year’s marine animal theme, the Pelican! Community Service hours also provided.
Where possible, please have guests in your party RSVP individually so we can ensure they get all the information and details about the event and so that we can accurately plan for turnout.
Meeting point: Behind the hotel on the beach
Please sign a release form for yourself (if you're an adult) and for each of your kids (if they're coming along). Please have the parents of any other kids you may be bringing with you sign the online release form here.
- Please bring your own reusable drink container or water bottle. We will provide water but no disposable cups available (we are avoiding creating more trash where possible).
- All children 15 and under are welcome to participate with an accompanying adult (parent or guardian). There needs to be one adult for every 5 children.
- If you will be bringing a child under 15 make sure that you are legally allowed to sign a release form for them or have their parent/guardian sign it beforehand.
- If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver in advance.
- Closed-toe shoes and protective clothing that are light or bright colors are recommended.
- Sunglasses, gloves, hat, insect repellent, and sunblock are also recommended
*Before the event, download the Ocean Conservancy’s CleanSwell app to participate in the Citizen Science activity to log, tally and measure the impact of your cleanup. It’s easier and more fun than using the paper data cards, which will also be available.
GOOD TO KNOW:
- Valet parking is available at $29.
- On-street parking is available, as well as, public parking lots on 27th and 35th Street and Collins Avenue.
- Walking, biking, public transport and car-pooling are encouraged.
For any further questions, please email: [email protected]hepalmshotel.com
Miami Beach, FL 33140-4106
Google map and directions