Water Is Everything Beach Cleanup and Dune Restoration
As part of their Water is Everything initiative, Everything But Water invites you to a beach cleanup and dune restoration, led by local non-profit partners VolunteerCleanup.org and Surfrider Foundation Miami Chapter, with special guests 5Gyres.
Location: 24th Street and Beach Boardwalk. Meet on the side of the 1 Hotel, on 24th street. Just before the entrance to the beach, we will have our tent and tables set up on the promenade paved pathway before the boardwalk.
Parking: There are municipal parking lots with metered parking at Collins Park 21st- 22nd and Collins, and also at 27th Street and Collins, just a few blocks away from our meeting point.
- Dress for the weather and wear shoes you are comfortable walking on the sand in. Hat and sunglasses are also recommended.
- Please bring water in a reusable bottle so we can reduce plastic waste where possible and so you can try out the new Woosh Water bottle refill stations!! Volunteers will receive free refills at the water station tomorrow, and a voucher for 3 refills at any of the Woosh Stations in Miami Beach.
- Download the Clean Swell App to participate in the Citizen Science Data Logging. You will work in teams of 2-3.
- Volunteers must check in and sign waivers before you start **If you are under 18 and coming without a parent or guardian, you must have a parent/guardian sign the waiver in the link below in advance and bring it to the event. Download Waiver Pre-signing and bringing with you will help expedite check-in!
- Bring your own gloves if you have them, otherwise, gloves will be provided.
This volunteer activity is part of a 2-day event partnership with Everything But Water and 1 Hotel South Beach to combat plastic pollution in the ocean. Speakers at the cleanup will also talk about our local marine debris issue, how we are working to solve it, and what you can do to help! Schedule of events: 1hotels.com/south-beach/everything-water-1-hotel
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Google map and directions